Friday, February 09, 2007

I am a failure

I look like I've been punched in the eye.

How is it that I have reached this age and never learned to put on eyeshadow? I mean, it can't be that difficult. But no. I have failed to do even such a simple task as to be able to put on eyeshadow without looking like an abuse victim.

I usually stick to the makeup basics. Foundation, mascara and chap stick. If I'm feeling like being all dressy I will put on a light brown eyeshadow with one simple stroke. Its when I try to experiment that things go askew. (That is not an architectural term - despite what the chick on Survivor says.)

I bought a nice dark purple shirt at Old Navy. I had some purple eyeshadow that matched, so thought I would try it out. We're going to some poetry thing tonight, so I want to look nice. Oh how wrong I was.

I wiped off most of it until I didn't look beaten up. Next time, I'm just going without. Or, staying home.

2 comments:

  1. I know exactly how you feel.

    When she said askew was an "arcitectural term" I was like, "What!?" and so I officially don't like her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know!!! I was like, "Actually, it's a commonly and colloquially used term. It means askew, and you're a pretentious wiener." And then I'd be all, "What? You don't know what colloquial means, Miss Architect? Let me explain by using a bigger term to make me sound even smarter than other people around me who at least admit thier ignorance."

    ReplyDelete

Crap monkies say "what?"