Tuesday, October 31, 2006

The things I do always start out with what I think are good ideas. Inevitably, they end up being much more complicated.

I had an idea to move my computer from the computer room (and thus changing it's name to Spare Oom) into the kitchen/dining room. Essentially, I did this so that I could watch TV while working on my computer. Impractical to move an entire desk, storage, knick-knacks and printing thing just to watch TV? Yes. But that's not the point.

I was supposed to be cleaning all day yesterday. That was the goal I had given myself. But, in moving the computer, all I did was create a giant mess!! I had to clean out the computer - I took it all apart and dusted it. And I had to clean the desk and move things and sweep the floor and all that. It was gross. Then I had to clean the spare room and move things around. It was an ordeal to say the least.

Finally, I got the computer where I wanted it. And then I realized that the internet was still in the other room!!! I had no idea how to set up my computer on wireless and I didn't have a cable long enough to plug into the kitchen. $120 later, I had a USB hub, a wireless adapter and the Buffy the Vampire Slayer movie.

I hate computers. It took me two hours to set up all the damn things and then I still couldn't get it to work. I know I had everything set up right, so I don't know what happened. Finally, I broke down and called G who is the most computer savy guy I know. I explained what was going on and suddenly - without provocation!! - the computer wireless started to work. G assures me that my computer recognized that he was going to do something brilliant and knew it was powerless to stop him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Crap monkies say "what?"