Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Stuff I love about Spring

  • soft grass under bare feet
  • smell of freshly mowed grass
  • smell of a coming rain
  • warm enough to be pleasant, cool enough to wear my jean jacket
  • little birds hopping in a bird bath
  • warm sun while I sit outside and read
  • tulips (the only flower I really go girly over)
  • things are green again
  • walking around the lake
  • laying in the grass and throwing the ball for the dog

It's a happy season. Now that the snow is gone and all the dirt is swept up. I like it.

2 comments:

  1. I wasn't really big into tulips until I moved out here. And then the place went crazy with these brightly-coloured tulips, including these red and yellow ones in my own backyard. I could spend so much time looking at them.

    The rain smell and the grass under feet are very much Camp for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tulips are pretty rad (yes, rad). When I was working for a florist, they were the only ones I was allowed to cut (I was apparently inept when it came to cutting flowers). I lika da irises, though.

    ReplyDelete

Crap monkies say "what?"